Veggie Pizza Pasta Bake
Yield 6 Servings
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
Follow this fun and simple recipe for a delicious, oven lovin' and crowd pleasing casserole.
1 (8-ounce) package of allergy-friendly pasta, such as Andean Dream Fusilli (about 4 cups cooked)
4 cups firmly packed kale, stems and ribs removed, and rinsed (2 ounces)
10 ounces cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cups pitted black olives, sliced
1 (24-ounce) jar marinara, such as Rao's all purpose marinara
8 ounces mozzarella-style "cheeze" shreds, such as Daiya
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Place kale in a steaming basket. Fill a large saucepan with about 2-inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add basket of kale. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Steam kale until wilted, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and roughly chop when cool. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes. It may be necessary to add a tablespoon of water at the beginning of cooking to prevent mushrooms from sticking to pan. The cooked mushrooms will yield approximately 1 cup. Set aside.
- To assemble, lightly coat a 7-1/2 x 11-inch baking dish with an allergy-friendly margarine or oil. Line baking dish with 4 cups of cooked pasta. Pour sauce evenly over pasta. Arrange kale over sauce. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella shreds. Top with mushrooms, followed by olives.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, until the cheese melts and casserole is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and allow casserole to stand for 10 minutes. Dig in and enjoy!
One box of Andean Dream Fusilli yields 4 cups cooked pasta. Package directions instruct cooking pasta for 14-16 minutes. We found that about 10-11 minutes cooks the pasta al dente and perfect to handle the additional cooking in the oven.
Recipe by Allergy Chefs at https://www.yourallergychefs.com/veggie-pizza-pasta-bake/