Yield 6 Servings
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
When you need an idea for leftover turkey, this cheesy turkey spaghetti is sure to please.
8 ounces uncooked allergy-friendly spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
3 tbsp dairy-free, soy-free margarine or buttery sticks, such as Earth Balance
3 tbsp sweet white rice flour (see recipe notes)
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (see recipe notes)
1 cup rice milk
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 (15-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
8 ounces shredded dairy-free cheese blend, such as Daiya Classic Blend, about 2 cups (see recipe notes)
2 cups shredded or chopped cooked turkey
1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Shake off excess water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour and cook 5 minutes so the flour loses its raw taste, stirring often.
- Add Italian seasoning. Whisk in rice milk, followed by the broth, until smooth. Add tomatoes and heat until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle in cheese and cook until melted, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a large bowl, add spaghetti, turkey, peas, and sauce. Stir gently to combine.
- Transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling.
- Sweet white rice flour is ground from short-grain glutinous rice and is different from white rice flour, which is made from ground white rice. Neither white nor brown rice flours are a substitute for sweet white rice flour, and will not yield the same results.
- If you don't have dried Italian seasoning, you can substitute 1/2 tsp dried oregano and 1/2 tsp dried thyme.
- Daiya's Classic Blend is a mix of cheddar and mozzarella shreds. If you can't get find a blend, use 1 cup each of your favorite cheddar and mozzarella shreds.
- Make Mine Veggie! To make the casserole vegan, omit the turkey and use vegetable broth.
Recipe by Allergy Chefs at https://www.yourallergychefs.com/turkey-spaghetti/