Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Spaghetti Stir-fry
Yield 4 Servings
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
This shaved Brussels sprouts and spaghetti stir-fry is so delicious, light and refreshing that even picky eaters come back for more.
6 ounces dry spaghetti
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed dried red pepper flakes
4 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded (about 10 ounces)
3/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth, or more as needed
3 tbsp coconut aminos
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds, optional
- In batches, break spaghetti into 3 pieces. Cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and dried red pepper and cook 30 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprouts and water chestnuts; cook and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broth and coconut aminos; cook 2 minutes more or until liquid is nearly evaporated, tossing frequently. If it is too dry, add a couple more tablespoons of broth, as needed. Stir in cooked spaghetti and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Add carrots and basil; toss. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds, if desired. If almond allergy is not an issue, feel free to replace sunflower seeds with toasted slivered almonds.
Recipe by Your Allergy Chefs at https://www.yourallergychefs.com/shaved-brussels-sprouts-and-spaghetti-stir-fry/