Yield 8 biscuits
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
Whether it's breakfast, brunch or dinner time, the exclamations of delight as your friends and family gather round the table with sighs of satisfaction, make the extra effort of home-made biscuits completely worthwhile.
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (omit if using a flour blend with xanthan)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp fine sea salt
8 tbsp allergy-friendly margarine, such as Earth Balance
1 cup hemp milk, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and whisk to combine.
- Grate half of the margarine into the flour. Toss together. Grate remaining margarine into the flour and toss well, breaking up any large clumps.
- You can also cut in the margarine with your fingers or a pastry cutter, until they are the size of peas.
- Working fast, so the margarine doesn't warm up, stir in the milk until incorporated. Drop by spoonfuls into 8 portions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. If desired, lightly brush each biscuit with melted margarine.
- Bake about 18-20 minutes or until done. Cooking time will depend on thickness of the biscuit.
- Serve and enjoy!
Courses Breakfast & Brunch
Recipe by Allergy Chefs at https://www.yourallergychefs.com/drop-biscuits/