Yield 4-6 Servings
Free of: gluten and top 8 allergens.
This citrus guacamole is creamy, satisfying, and packed with oh-so-good-for-you fat!
1 cup firmly packed kale, stems removed, about 1 ounce
3 large ripe avocados, or 4 medium
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 pink grapefruit, segmented and chopped (1/3 - 1/2 cup)
1 orange, segmented and chopped (1/3 - 1/2 cup)
1 poblano pepper, roasted and chopped (about 1/3 cup)
1/4 cup diced red onion, soaked in ice water for 15 minutes, and drained
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Wash and clean the kale to remove any grit. Remove the stems by grabbing the leaves with your hand and pulling the stem away in the opposite direction.
- Place kale in a steaming basket and set in a large saucepan with about 2-inches of boiling water. Cover and steam kale until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and when cool, squeeze dry, chop and set aside.
- Slice the avocados in half, around the pit. Remove the pit. Slice the avocados while still in the shell. Scoop the avocado with a spoon into a medium bowl.
- Lightly smash avocados and lime juice with a potato masher, fork, or molcajete until coarsely mashed.
- Add kale, chopped grapefruit and oranges, chile, onion, cilantro, and cumin. Mix until incorporated and enjoy.
Recipe by Your Allergy Chefs at https://www.yourallergychefs.com/citrus-guacamole/